EnergyTech University Prize - Texas Regional
Seeking Students Interested in Energy, Business Plans, and Winning Cash Prizes!
The EnergyTech University Prize, sponsored by DOE’s Office of Technology Transitions, is awarding $370,000 to collegiate students who successfully identify a promising energy technology, assess its market potential, and create a business plan for commercialization. If you or a student you know would be a good fit for EnergyTech UP, encourage them to explore possible energy technologies from the DOE national labs, use our resources to prepare for success in the competition, and register a team by Jan. 26 to compete in 2023!
Texas Regional Competition: February 15
Rice Alliance is hosting one of 15 virtual regional competitions to determine which teams advance to the live final event. Twelve invited teams will present their plan to a panel of judges at a virtual event, and one team will win a $3,000 cash prize and advance to the Finals in Austin, Texas in March. And there are two other chances to win cash prizes at the regional competitions!
- Teams comprised of university or college students
- At least two students on the team
- Create a business plan based on a national lab technology or technology from your university
- Please see the official rules for full details
How to Apply
- Log on to the competition website at HeroX.com -> EnergyTechUP
- Set up your team profile by clicking "Solve This Challenge"
- Read the official rules to confirm you are eligible
- Click "Begin Entry" from the event homepage to fill out application (and click "Save and Preview" to save your work)
- Submit your application (questionnaire, 200-word statement and business plan) by Jan. 26
- January 26, 2023 - Application Deadline
- February 9, 2023 - List of competing teams announced
- February 15, 2023 - Texas Regional Virtual Competition (virtual)
- April 3, 2023 - National Finals Live in Austin, Texas
- Watch the latest informational webinar for complete details on the competition.