Apply to BlueLaunch
To be considered for Class 2, one application per small business must be completed by the Rice-affiliated founder. Applications are open through March 13 at 11:59 pm CT. Applications close at 12:00 am CT on March 14. The application must be completed in its entirety. Because there is no option to save and finish later, startup teams are strongly encouraged to review the application questions prior to beginning the application.
A confirmation email with a copy of your application will be sent to the startup team within two business days. If your application reveals a potential fit for BlueLaunch, your startup will be invited to interview. A BlueLaunch team member will reach out to you regarding details and next steps.
The application is divided into two sections: (1) the business, and (2) the team. You should prepare thoughtful, concise answers to the questions below. Because there is no option to save and finish later, applicants are strongly encouraged to review the application questions below and prepare their answers before beginning the application.
- What is the name of your small business?
- Describe your product or service.
- What problem or need is your technology or business idea solving?
- Who is your target customer? Describe them in terms of demographics and psychographics (if possible).
- How are you selling your product or service? If applicable, which online platforms are you using?
- Has your venture generated any revenue? If so, how much? A rough estimate is sufficient.
- How long have you been working on your venture?
- What is your biggest accomplishment to date?
- Have you incorporated your business? If so, what is your status? Note: incorporation is not a requirement for this program.
- What programs, events, services, or offerings have you taken advantage of to grow your business?
- If accepted into BlueLaunch, what are you hoping to accomplish during the program? Beyond the program?
- Include a link to any websites, social media, slide decks, demos, or other materials you feel would support your application. Please provide a complete URL (i.e. "https://www.companyname.com/slide_deck").
- Name and Contact Information
- Rice University Affiliation (if no affiliation, you must specify your affiliation)
- If you are a Rice University student or alumni, indicate graduation year (anticipated or completed). Other affiliates can skip this question.
- Academic Discipline (if no Rice University affiliation, choose N/A)
- Is this founder able to participate full-time during the program? If no, please list dates of outside commitments between May 17 and August 4, 2023, that preclude this founder from attending and participating.
- Briefly describe the skills and strengths this team member has to advance the product/service or business. Include one to two sentences describing the skillset and contribution that demonstrates a high level of ability.